Saturday, April 10, 2010

Big Shoes

B2, the boy in the middle need a pair of leather shoes for his Master of Ceremony gig in school on Monday. For the one time and day use, I decided to send my old pair of leather shoes for repair. My wife objected spending $50 just to repair the shoes as new shoes probably cost less.

B1 had wore this pair before and did not mind the hole on the sole. However, I like this pair of shoes even though replacing it may be cheaper. After the repair, B2 tried wearing it and found it is too small. So I have to look for another pair for him. Mind you I have pretty big feet myself.

We went Bata first. The shoes are pretty reasonable in price, between $35 to $129. However, Bata shoes was a little tight at UK size 10. So we tried a Mom and Pop store. The female boss was an excellent sales person. She praise the look of the shoes when B2 tried it on. "How good he looks in this pair of shoes!" She also noticed that B2 had a little trouble putting the shoes on. We have size 44, she added quickly. We managed to negotiate for a 10% discount, so we decided to try out the size 44 which they have trouble locating. Finally, the sales staff managed to get a pair of size 44 and we bought it for $10 discount which is another $2 less after the 10%.

When I compare the new shoes with my old pair, the difference was huge. I am glad I bought another pair as he would have damaged my shoes after one wear. So now I have a standby dress shoes for B1 and myself.

No comments: