Friday, February 12, 2010

Expensive Way to Kill Time

Sending boys to tuition and waiting for them to finish can be tedious. This task usually rest with mummys. Yes, mummys with a "s"! All the kids' mummy will be waiting and killing time in the mall.

One of the way to kill time is to get a pedicure or manicure. My wife did one today. Meanwhile I past my time in Popular browsing all the business books and looking for bargains. At finishing time, since my boy was still not out, I check out the salon and found her. With the still drying nail preventing her from taking out her wallet, I have to pay the bill. I have a shock as it cost 85 cups of teh halia. This is a very expensive pastime.

With the financial crisis, I have reduce my capuccino ways and am more frugal by switching to Ah Kun's teh-C, teh halia or teh talek.

Nail salons are full and my wife had to wait to get an appointment. Look like it is good business to serve women's market.

No comments: