Sunday, January 10, 2010

Receding Gums

My gums have receded. My dentist friend says it is part aging!!! He also asked if I used the Oral-B electric toothbrush. My teeth show signs of abrasions. I had brushed my teeth too much!

It is not good to get dull pain all the time. It is distracting and very uncomfortable as something is bothering me all the time. I think it is terrible my body is showing signs of wear and tear. I thought I do everything right by exercising and maintain good personal hygiene. It is inevitable for the body to run down after going for the 100,000km on the odometer. First, it was the kidney stones. Then there is potential gallstones issue. Now my teeth are wearing out. What will be next?

Looking at my mum, I shudder to think of my distance future. Her mobility is limited, she has to eat soft food as her stomach lining now is thin and can get gastric problems easily. I hope medicine will continue to advance and be readily available i.e. not so costly to maintain a reasonable quality of life for the aged.

No comments: