Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Cycling University

I have audio tapes (now should be CDs) on various subjects like leadership, grammar, vocabulary and presentation. I used to listen to them while in the car. In Canada, the drive is usually long and monotonous. So it is not only break the monotony, I gain knowledge as well. Tom Hopkins, an American author on Selling call this Automobile University. Automobile University is for busy Sales Professionals who have plenty of windshield time but no time for training or seminars.
Learning-on-the-Go! What a wonderful way to better use of the time while getting from place to place.

I have been cycling for exercise. With my latest gadget, the iPhone, I now listen to music and audio books. It is wonderful to "read" and learn while exercising. It is like going to University albeit minus the Professors and interaction wtih other students. I listened to Grammar Girl, Dynamic Vocabulary, Selling Skills, Leadership Skills, and others. I am looking forward to borrow some fiction books and get entertained while cycling.

CU, Learning on the Go.

No comments: