Thursday, December 10, 2009

Bicycle do tell a Story

My son's bike rear brake wire broke. So I send it to the repair man to fix up a new wire. At the same time I also send in my bike which the first gear is not engaging properly. The repair man was not in when I sent in our bikes in the late afternoon. So I have to come back at night to pick them up. I asked if he managed to fix the problem and he say the gear shifter was bent and needed to be straightened out. It is due to a fall.

My bike did retain the clues of my fall. Like Sherlock Holmes, the repairman could tell exactly what happened. I looked at the gear shifter and it is mounted on the right side of the bicycle. I broke my right wrist, have a deep gnash in my right chin and abrasions on my right cheekbone.

Now I know why my right handle grip slipped out of position. All these signs and symptons were caused by my fall while riding.

No comments: