Friday, October 16, 2009

Rare Compliment

It is not very often I gave compliments to service in Singapore Airline. I flew very often and have come to expect a basic standard of service especially for the price SQ charges. As my ex-boss, Dave puts it well, I am a hard guy to impress upon and when I am impressed, it is a HUGE compliment for the person.

The Taiwanese Stewardess who I have a picture on Oct 9 entry impressed me. I also understand why many Singaporeans feel threaten by "foreign talent". This girl worked very hard and is very competent. She is the lowest rank in the cabin crew and so the pay must be the lowest. With the combination of strong competency and energy, her performance is exemplary. So if I am a Singaporean Singapore Girl, man! it is hard to compete.

This is not to say that Singaporean Stewardess are not as hardworking or competent. However the standard is much higher with colleagues who at much higher job performance. This does bring up the standards of service. It keeps our local girls out of the competition and the job less satisfaction as it is so much harder to achieve a basic "meets" job performance rating now...

1 comment:

boh tong said...

Well done Booker Lover!