Sunday, September 20, 2009

Exhilarating!

This morning is groundbreaking for me. I cycled again since my fall that broke my right wrist, shift my jaws, deep cut on my right chin requiring 3 stitches and worst of all retrograde amnesia. My right shoulder was injured too even though it now treated and a left cracked rib. I must say this is quite an experience, almost life-changing.

I am now educated on what is routine can turn suddenly into disaster AND never ever take safety for granted. My wife always insisted my boys and I have to wear helmets while cycling. After few rides and the boys reluctance, I thought it was a nuisance until the bump on my head proved to me she was right all along. In Australia, helmets are required by law. Sadly, I only found this out after my head injury.

I took to the wheels again. This time wearing my helmet and wrist guards. The wrist guards were for roller blading and is uncomfortable. I will need to get new cycling gloves just for cycling.

I must say, it feels really really good to be able to cycle again. I was extra careful and no challenging course. Actually my right hurts everytime there is a bump. 30 mins of cycling and I am feeling I am back to normal, well almost. This is a fantastic achievement.

No comments: