Thursday, September 17, 2009

Booklover's Challenge!

What is the biggest challenge for a booklover? There are now two mega bookstores, Kinokuniya and Borders. Then you have the also-ran MPH and Times. All hold sales regularly. The more you buy, the more you save! Kinokuniya stick to its tried and true 20% deal for kino card holders during school holidays and 20% storewide on anniversaries. Borders gave coupons with 20% and 30% off plus additional 10% for members. Once in a while, Borders will have 20, 30 and 40% deal if you buy 2, 3 or 4 books respectively. On top of this, the additional 10% for members are there. I must say Borders work hard to make members like me special.

With all the great deals and many new titles especially business genre, I am now running out of bookshelves. No more shelves space!(I know I sounds a little like I am in retail or supermarket business). Reading all the books from cover to cover is becoming a challenge too.

I am a fast reader and with oversea trips, it is easier to go through more books. Still I do feel overwhelm sometimes.

Now I am wondering if I should put in more shelves or buy off-the-shelf(no pun intended) shelves like "Billy" from IKEA.

It is a nice problem to have. I have great time enjoying the books I have at home. Even then, I still frequent the library to borrow some more!

No comments: