Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Troubled

I was up just before 5am. I am tired and sleepy and yet unable to sleep. I am all bothered and troubled. It is not a good state to be in. In the grand scheme of things, when I look back in future, I would probably wonder why did I get so upset.

I like to retell the story of a frog. If you put a frog into a breaker of water and slowly bring the temperature of the water up, the frog would literally be boiled to death. However, if you put a frog in hot water or gave a thump!, it will jumps out of the beaker and be alive and jumping.

The reason I recall this story is right now I feel like the frog where the temperature of water is increasint slowly. I am literally getting killed slowly. The question is why did I not jump? I guess this will be the story for another day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are facing mid-life crisis or they call it andropause.

BookLover said...

Not yet actually. I am stressed at work. Sigh!

Thank for your note. I appreciate your kindness.