Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Tea!

I attended a seminar on Tea by Singapore Airlines. Singapore Airlines will be serving tea from TWG which is a French company who sell tea and pair them with food. It is interesting to get some history of tea in general and the flavoured teas. There is one tea tree and all the different flavours come from proccessing and adding different ingredients.

Japanese Green tea is steamed whereas Chinese green tea is smoked. There are Earl Grey and Smoky Earl Grey and many other exotic and unfamiliar flavours. I love teas and it is nice to know more about teas. I think I will still stick to my basic orango pekoe, Dargeeling, Irish Breakfast and other tea from India and Pakistan.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I attended that dinner too. You must have listened to the frenchie quite closely to take note of the different type of teas.

BookLover said...

Which table are you in? I have interest in tea. So I remember some of what the French guy said.