Friday, May 08, 2009

Green

China is now home to more solar cell manufacturers than anywhere else in the world. There are many opportunities for my company though not as much as we like. Wind turbines are here but very small scales machines. In many ways, I feel solar and wind energy may be the way of the future. The way to reduce our carbon footprints and reduce global warming. I like the keep the our Earth for my future generations.

It can also be difficult with economic consideration conflicting with my altruistic desires. For example, hybrid cars are way too expensive. If the money I save in petrol cost is not sufficient to cover the capital cost, is it really "green". Maybe more energy inputs made hybrid cars more expensive. Maybe it is the economy of scale. If hybrid cars become more popular, then cost may come down.

I am now re-considering my decision to buy a hybrid car if I need to change my car.

No comments: