Saturday, May 09, 2009

Dust and More Dust

Taking a walk down memory lane. I took a walk along Nanjing Road East reliving all teh walks I used to do when I was Shanghai when I first come to China actively. Nowadays, I stayed in the hotel near People's Square which is right downtown. People's Square is very busy and commercial. It is full of offices, Capitaland building is right here with a mall on the lower floors and offices in the high floor. Nanjing Road East is more like Orchard Road in Singapore. Many hotels and malls along the street, high fashion and global premier brands dotted the malls. At night, street vendors are out. Now they are selling pirated books instead of DVDs. The books looked smaller than the original. I am not sure about the quality of the paper or printing. As they are all wrapped in plastic, browsing is not possible. At one-third the price, I guess it is not really necessary. Anyway, it is well-known bestsellers.

This is great. Intellectual properties at rock bottom price. By the way the books are all English, it seems like pirated Chinese book market has not developed yet.

No comments: