Monday, April 20, 2009

Second Hand Books

Today I visit Bras Basah Complex. There are a few used books dealers left. It is lost the old charms. There are many old textbooks. So if you need outdated texts or old editions, they are available there. I guess if you are looking for out-of-print books, this may be a good place. Only problem is the books are not catalogued. So it all depends on luck.

Knowledge is increasing tremendously. I wonder how we can cope. I am reading this book, The Joy of NOT Working. The insight is many people are money rich. Not many are time rich. Time rich is a rare in this modern society. We do not have time to relax and do nothing. There must always be things to do and to accomplished. I am now learning the importance of time rich. Time rich is infinitely richer than money rich.

Money can buy many things. Actually, money can buy love (just go to a karoke lounge) or time (domestic help free up time for doing household chores). So money and time are interrelated.

Reading this book, I now opted for time rich rather than money rich. Of course I hope I do not have to worry about bills....

To see Used Books Stores in Boston, click here

No comments: