Sunday, April 19, 2009

Bird by Bird

Reading Bird by Bird again is bring in new understanding. I know many readers always says reading the same book again always bring in new perspective and more in-depth understanding. This is long time since I experience re-reading. There are many new books to read. Also the majority of my books are on management, leadership and training. So most time, I just refer specific sections as and when needed after I have read them.

Yes, writing is hard work and requires many editing. The emotional ride is no different from a roller coaster ride. Getting published is extremely challenging and by the way to earn a living as a writer will take about 4 published book before the money is comfortable. Bird by Bird brings in the harsh reality of living as a writer. I think the author is a single mom.

No comments: