Monday, January 12, 2009

Stress ECG

Health Screening Day! I was up bright and early to TTSH aka Tan Tock Seng Hospital. TTSH has set up a new department for health screening and it is a profit oriented department. The service is personable and courteous. The staff will check if you are looking for something and help you out immediately. The treatment is like guests in a hotel. It is quite different from the regular wards where getting ignored is typical and there are more "NOs" and "Don't" and "Not Allowed" rather than how may I help you attitude in the Health Screening Dept.
I opt for an ECG stress test for my additional option. To do this test I was wired up to an ECG machine and Blood Pressure Monitor. Then I have to walk on the treadmill at the brisk pace and the pace increase very 3 mins. Not only the pace increase, the incline also increase so that the effort required increase at an exponential rate. I managed to stay on the treadmill for 10 mins. I could have continue for another 30 secs but do not want to be a fallen hero. That is if I work myself to exhaustion, I may fall down the treadmill. It will be unpleasant indeed. The good news is my heart is strong and healthy. My ST segment was stable under stress. Therefore I will keep riding my bike.

No comments: