Friday, January 16, 2009

A Food Paradise

Sorry for not blogging the last few days. I was caught up with work and family. Yesterday, I arrived in Penang. After my meeting, we had lunch in a coffee shop Tee Kee. Tee Kee serves roast duck, braised tofu and eggs, boiled romaine letture and chye beh(preserved vegetable). Taste is home-cook (well sort of, actually much better) and Teochew style. I had my favourite carbo (carbohydrate) Teochew porridge. The meal is very delicious, a Michelin 3-star. The cost is even more amazing. RM24 for 4 persons i.e. slightly over $10 Singapore dollars.
In the evening, my host brought my colleague and me to a hawker center where local go instead of Gurney Drive, the famous hawker center. Gurney Drive hawker center is like Newton Circus in Singapore. Food is expensive and poor value. Where the locals eat, excellent strong tea for RM1.20, out of this world taste haemee soup for RM2.50, charcoal grilled satay, very tender and wood flavoured from the grill for mere RM0.60 each and mouth-watering Penang char kuay teow for RM3.30.
Man! Penang is heavenly, a food paradise!

No comments: