Friday, August 22, 2008

What do I really want?

Eat, Love, Pray author Elizabeth Gilbert insist that there must be really 3 times so that we dug deep into our heart and psyche. I am not sure if it is necessary. That said, I must say this is quite a profound question. Something I rarely asked myself. I think I am in the same boat as most.
Deep in my heart...what do I REALLY want? The list may be long as I written previously. Or do I really want to live a hermit live and purify myself into a living Buddha and cease my karma and rebirth? Be one with unconscious or superconscious. Can I a mortal with limited intellect and consciousness be able to transcend the travails of daily living and live the life of a holy man? Why do I pursue work, career and money? Why do I have family? Why do I enjoy food and have weight problem? Why do I love? Why do I enjoy material life like computer, internet and bigger TV? Reading and pursuing knowledge instead of wisdom. I am always going after external pursuits instead of scaling inner mountains and developing wisdom.
Knowledge and capability I believe is no match for Wisdom. How can I cultivate and grow my Wisdom? What can I do? Or is it I can only attain wisdom by experiencing life itself.
Many questions to ponder over....

No comments: