Sunday, June 22, 2008

Travelling Back into the Past...

I could not believe it. Just half an hour from KL and I travel back to my childhood days. Days of attap and zinc roofs, stalls using wooden planks, open air meat store, provision shop that my grandma's style and dogs lazing in the middle of the road. The ceiling in the coffee shop is made of cardboard and where rain leaks, there will be watermarks and holes. It was a nostalgic trip. I visited a factory and it amazes me that this kind of lifestyle is still available less than half from KL. I wished Singapore have kept more of our kampung. Where I live is a last surviving kampung and lucky for Singaporeans, the owner refused to sell to developers who have offerred her hundreds of million dollars to buy over her land. She is still renting out the houses she own for twenty to thirty dollars per month.

No comments: