Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Rugby for Girls

At about 8:30pm, a group of 10 girls in sports outfit sat on a table right beside me and my boys in the foodcourt in AMK Hub. On the back of the t-shirt was the word rugby. I was not sure if this is correct. I know only boys play rugby. I am totally out of touch with today's world. On our way out of the foodcourt, we saw another group of girls from Hwa Chong. They were carrying the rugby balls openly. I asked if they had a competition and the answer was yes! So the next question was Who won? She smiles happily and says "we did!" So Hwa Chong girls beats CHIJ St. Theresa. It seems to me the Hwa Chong girls are older and bigger. I may be wrong as B1, my eldest boy told me Hwa Chong is six years now and not just a JC. So there will be "B" division or Sec 3 and 4s grouping for inter-school sport competition.
Rugby is a contact sport. The girls in the team must be tough.

No comments: