Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Osaka Can Cook

I must apologise to my readers that I forget to take pictures again on dinner. You have to rely on my words again. Ok, I did not forget totally. I remembered after I finished my desserts. So I can only take pictures of dirty dishes... I was lucky because my host's dessert come late. So I manage to take a picture of her creme brulee. I will try to upload to this at a later date.
Back to the dinner. First, I lost my way trying to walk to the resturant by myself. My colleague has to come and pick me up. Obviously reading a map Japanese is not one of my strengths. The resturant is like a maze inside. Every table is like a separate room, very small and cosy. There is a long and narrow fish tank along the backrest of my seat. Live goldfishes and small carps swims about give the room a nice atmosphere. The lights are warm downlight lighting up only the table. The meat come in raw and we have to cook on the table in a micro stove. There is a piece of red hot coal in the middle and a tiny wok or pan. It is quite interesting concept. The beef is cook on a thick square shape porous stone about 4" square by 3/4" thick. The meats are well marinated and when cooked is soft and juicy. The scallops were giant size.
I finish up with mashed red bean and ice-cream with mochi. The mochi is coated with cocoa powder. Mmm! I wished all of you are here with me. It is an awesome dining experience. The dinner cost 16,000 yens.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah!!! i wish i were there at the dinner.
I love scallop!!!
Please bring back some yummy snacks fr Jp to compensate for causing me to salivate while reading ur post

BookLover said...

Jtsy, I will do so next time when I have to time to do some shopping. My schedule is tight. We just move from point to point and work. I am very happy you are reading and giving feedbacks. I have put in pics as you suggested.