Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Global Food Crisis

As I was writing my blog on the wonderful dinner, my tv is on. Usually tv keeps me company in the hotel. The report on the soaring food prices keep repeating over and over again. Around the world, the severe rise in food prices is impacting from the poor to the middle class. It is really scary. I wrote about inflation and the pinch we felt as a family. With the stories in CNN, it is really scary. There are many possible reasons. Biofuel converting what used to be sold as food and converting them into fuel, drought in Australia reducing crop yields, rising incomes in developing country like China and India has increase demand tremendously, etc. It looks like the future is quite scary - inflation and possibility of world recession. I know we will somehow pass through this period. Life will still go on as usual. I am very sorry that we all have to struggle and figure ways to survive and live better.

No comments: