Sunday, February 03, 2008

Will Winning A Million $$ Make Me Happy?

I decided to do this thought experiment. What if I have a million dollars dropped down from the sky i.e. Toto, lottery or some wonderful generous soul who decide to give me the money - no strings attached.

What will I do with the million dollars? Will I quit my job? Work is becoming a drag lately. The bad news keep coming. Costs continue to increase and price is under pressure to come down. Competitors are getting stronger and everyone want a bigger piece of the pie. With the stress should I quit and enjoy the Million Dollar windfall?

How about take the family for a holiday to places they always dream of going? Paris the romantic city, gorgeous Banff Mountains in Alberta, Whistler where skiing season is almost all year round, sun soaked southern Europe, maybe the plain vanilla London. We love to go for a tour where we need not watch our expenses. It will be wonderful to be carefree for a few weeks of our lives.

Another serious consideration is donating the money or rather using the money to do worthy causes and make the world a better place. School Pocket Money Fund is one I support when it was first started. Now, the charity has grown to $4 million a year. Maybe they don't need the million. I just heard that my favorite charity World Vision which we sponsor kids from poor country only 25 cents of the dollars get to the kids. The rest go to "administration".

What about the passion of most men? A nice, sleek, brightly coloured sport car. One that attracts the beautiful and gorgeous women. Hmmm! A Porche, Lamborgini, sigh! I can't think of any other brand. My passion is not fast cars.

Maybe it is better to invest the Million Dollar. Where to invest in is the question! Stocks or Property. It will be nice to have a property that give me regular income. Warren Buffett world's 2nd richest man wealth is through investing in stocks. Maybe I should invest in Berkshire Hathaway.

Looks like my head is filled with so many questions and decisions to be made. Having a Million Dollar increase my stress level.

What will you do if you have a Million Dollar?

No comments: