Saturday, February 02, 2008

Reunion Dinner with my Outlaws

We had our reunion dinner with my in-laws. Since they have daughters who are married, reunion dinner are usually held the weekend before the new year's eve. We usually eat at our parent-in-law's house. This time we had it at Lao Di Fang, Chinese Vegetarian Resturant in Apollo Center.

The 2nd daughter, my wife has 3 sons, her younger sister, the 3rd daughter has two boys and small ye-ye, the youngest daughter has two boys. So it is a little interesting. My in-laws have 5 daughters and 1 son, and they now have 7 grandsons and no granddaughters. Come to think of it, my mother has 7 granddaughters before I break the trend with B1. After that, my younger sister, the baby of our family has two sons. My generation i.e. my brother and sisters as well as my sister-in-laws has either only daughters or sons.

My in-laws are strict vegetarians. They are religious and wonderful folks who does not think twice to help the less fortunate.

After dinner, my family adjorned to Chinatown. It is almost 9 pm. We walk by Lim Chee Guan and there is no queue like what was reported in the news. However my son also notice they have ran out of bak kwa. In the cool night, the crowd makes the place hot literally. It is really impossible to move at a pace faster than a crawl. The festive atmosphere was fun but the crowd was a little overwhelming for me. So we walked only one street which took an hour to cover and decide to come to our home sweet home.

No comments: