Saturday, February 09, 2008

New Interests

I have discover new sections that interest me in Kinokuniya. How I get to know the new sections is through books I bought in Borders or other bookstores while I was on my trips. After I bought the books, I wonder why I did not see them in Kino and then check out the bookweb. I would find that they are put in different bookshelves from where I usually frequently. My favourite is Business, Leadership, Success, Training, Psychology, Self Help and New Age. Recently, I find the shelves on Brain and Business Communication have a lot of subject matters for me to discover.

I am glad I am broadening my interest somewhat although the subject matters are still related. Peter Drucker recommends that we take a completely different subject. For example, he is a minor expert in Japanese Art and Culture. Learning a totally different subject allow our mind to make connections and apply one sphere of learning to another giving greater insights and making one's learning more impactful.

Peter Drucker is a world renowed Management Expert. He studied economics in University and not business. Philip Kotler also studied economics and mathematics and become a guru in Marketing.

No comments: