Thursday, February 07, 2008

Family Day

It is the tradition of visiting relatives starting with the most senior. We brought our boys to their maternal grandparents in the morning. I did what a lot of men do when they do visiting... my brother-in-laws do it as well when he come to my place. Maybe it just run in our family. What do you thing I did?

My mum, and two of my sisters came over with their kids for dinner. We had a good gathering. My brother-in-law did his own reading and I prepare dinner. However the woman folks gather together and do a lot of small talks. My nieces are all grown.

Family tradition and family values in Chinese New Year give us a reason to get together for a meal. Old fashion time together improves and renew our ties. Also my boys get to see grandma and maternal grandparents and their aunts and uncles. In today city living and fast pace of life (tuition on the weekends instead of climbing trees or marbles with cousins) it is good our boys have some contact time with their extended family.

May the Year of Rat bring joy, peace and prosperity to all my readers. Happy New Year!

No comments: