Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Lights Out

It was late and the road was dark. Dizzling rain keep on falling. I am glad to reach the gates of my estate. It looks darker than usual. Press the remote several times and it did not work. The electricity was out. I did not have my cellphone. I am locked out of my own home. Luckily one of the gate opens as there is an emergency system that cause it to unlock when the electricity fails.

I managed to get in with another neighbour. I went out to close the gate and another neighbour just returned home as well. He helps me look for the main switch. We look around and unlock the place. Unfortunately, we did not know how to reset the circuit breaker. I called the managing agent for help. She managed to lock a electrician to come in to help us reset the system. Phew! Now everything is back to normal.

I am glad I contribute positively to our estate.

No comments: