Wednesday, October 03, 2007

The Lost World

Since it is so low cost at $5.85, I decided to buy a copy of The Lost World by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. MPH has Wordsworth Classics at an amazing price. Far better than Kino or Borders! I read the story before a long time ago when I borrowed from the library.

I read the first few pages again and find the words and description outstanding. Now I understand why re-reading a book can bring in different perspective and give additional pleasure. I think after so many years of living life, experience broaden my outlook and improve understanding. Maturity plays a part. The opening is on a beautiful woman and how he want to propose to her. Reading the story when I was in Secondary School, I probably skipped this part or did not understand the description of the feelings by the author. I was enjoying the later chapters unfolding the excitement and thrills of adventure in an exotic jungle.

No comments: