Monday, August 20, 2007

Din Tai Fung - Taipei

Today, I learn something new. Din Tai Fung is actually Taiwanese resturant and not Shanghainese that I always thought it was. I ate at the original Din Tai Fung Resturant in Taipei. The food is much better than same chain in Singapore. I understand from my host the store we ate monthly turnover is US$8 million. We went there early and had seat. When we finished and come out, the queue was tremendous. The wait would have been at least an hour.

We had shao long bao, two vegetables, two vegetarian dishes, fried pork chop, and two chicken soups. Our total bill comes to NT1,300. The food were excellent. Delicious and tasty and not heavy on the stomach. The chefs are good. The only regret is I did not get the chance to taste so many other dishes available on the menu. I may have to think of coming back to this place again. Sigh! There I go again, forgetting my vows on weight reduction. Temptations, temptations, temptations!

No comments: