Monday, July 16, 2007

To Sir with Love

On the way down to Sydney, I watch an old movie, To Sir With Love by Sidney Poiter and Lulu. Now as I am writing, it is a wonderful... To Sydney, By Sidney it rhymes! This movie has a lot of sentimental moments for me. It always evoke a lot of emotions and my feelings well up from inside of me. While watching the movie, I also realise I love Goodbye, Mr. Chip as well. It seems like I have an affinity for movies on teacher. The other classic is Sound of Music.
Teachers instill values, transmit learning and change outlook of life to students.

A psychic once told me I was a teacher in my past life. I love to teach and train. A teacher by heart, I enjoys developing people and improving their skills and capabilities. With such strong emotional as I watched the movie (I was moved to tears when Mr. Thackray, the teacher was so touched by the students farewell gift - a song) The lyrics go like this:
The time has come for closing books and long last look...
How do you thank someone who bring you from crayons to perfume
It isn't easy but I will try...
I would rather give you my heart...

Yes, the students want to give their hearts to their beloved teacher. This is the best gift!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ken, I'm kayson, Is this movie an old movie?
Now i'm searching the movie in the website and song Hehe~~^..^

Anonymous said...

My goal was a teacher when i was young(teenage) as like you.

Kayson

Boh Tong aka Luke Tan said...

Yes,I posted this video on my blog sometime ago,yes "To sir with love".I like the song too. How is Sydney? Haven't been there for at least 5 years now.

Anonymous said...

Kayson, yes it is an old movie. If you cannot find it, I can see if there is any in the shops here.
BT, Sydney is freezing. No fun to be in here!

BL