Thursday, June 07, 2007

FOOLED!

I have finished reading A Passion for Success and now on Fooled by Randomness. I am only on chapter two. It is a consolation to know I am not rich because of random chance. I give a review once I finished reading. This book comes highly recommended by many readers.

The author challenge the findings of The Millionaire Next Door and The Millionaire Mind. Both I had read as well. Basically, he is of the opinion that it is chance that one become millionaire. That all millionaires were persistent, hardworking people does not make persistent hard workers become millionaires. Plenty of unsuccessful entrepreneurs were persistent, hardworking people. The author of Millionaire series also looked for traits these millionaires had in common and figured out that they share a taste for risk taking. Clearly, risk taking is necessary for large success --- but also necessary for failure. Had the author done the same study on bankrupt citizens he would certainly have found a predilection for risking taking.

So, how can YOU get to Millionaire status?
Will let you know soon...

2 comments:

Ms G said...

Yes, I am interested to know. Is it Positive thinking?

Anonymous said...

Will let you know soon...hehehe
BL