Saturday, May 19, 2007

Meeting Thomas

Thomas sat beside me on the way to Seoul. We talk a little as we have one thing in common. It is our first experience on the new business class seat. He told me has pressed every depression on all the covers to see what's inside. We were like kids in a new toy store!

On my left is a young, comely woman probably in her late twenties or early thirties. She does not seem to be excited over the seat. Maybe women at not thrilled over gadgets. The drinks were served in different kind of glass big heavy base with no stem. The magazine racks are now outside the kitchen instead of the prominently displayed at the back. The quantity and quality of magazines selection drops further. I did not talk to Thomas much and we both went our ways when we deplane.

On the return trip, the passenger one row in front of me looks familar. I touch his arms and he gave a me look of surprise. It is Thomas. We meet again. This time we discover where we each worked and a little more background of each other. I notice Thomas is a very fit and muscular guy. He exercise regularly and take care of his diet. He is an unassuming guy with no airs. His wife is going to stop working and stay at home. I told him it is one of the best thing for me when my wife stopped working. There is a clear division of duties and responsibilities. Our quality of life has improved even though we have less money than dual income. I am an advocate of homemakers. They play an important role in keeping the well-being of the family, kids or no kids.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

BL..There is more life and vigor in your writing of late. This makes interesting reading :)
BT

Anonymous said...

Hey, BT great to hear from you. I am getting hooked like you say...

BL

Anonymous said...

It was nice meeting you too Ken! Yes, we were like kids in a new toy store on the new Business Class seat.

Catch up with you again soon.

Cheers,
Thomas

Anonymous said...

Thomas, thanks for visiting and leaving me a note! :))
BL

Anonymous said...

Do you always gender stereotype?

Women not akin to gadgets, your wife stopping work to stay home... you CAN be the one to give up work and stay home too you know.


Gosh.

Anonymous said...

Aiya, Charles, you soooo right!! I wanted to give up work and stay home. My wife earns more than me before. She told me stopping work and staying home is her option. I do not have this choice. Sigh!

BL