Sunday, May 13, 2007

Kleptomania

The new word I learn in the Straits Times recently. Well, in our estate we have a live experience. Our neighbour lost his S$4,000 bicycle on Sunday night. This cause a huge alarm and concern as we felt unsafe and violated. Since this was reported and made known to all neighbours, we starts to get reports of other items lost. The question arises "Why are we not aware of loss earlier?" We lived in a gated community. Everyone knows everyone. It is like a village or kampong. Our estate was only two and half years old and we know each other on first names basis. The thefts taught us not to be complacent. Our neighbour report the loss to the police. She also requested I check my CCTV.

To be continued....

2 comments:

Boh Tong aka Luke Tan said...

BL..Kleptomaniac was the word I used to describe a girl who loves to steal...if u key in "kleptomaniac" in my google search for my blog u may locate the story.
BT.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I search and found the article. I read it before. It is a good scheme to get "reward" for false accusation. BL