Friday, May 18, 2007

Internet connectivity - rather the lack of

I am so dependent on internet connectivity for my work. Landing on world renowed airport, Changi, I received a call from my teammate. She needs me to review a file for next week's presentation. My first stop was Coffee Bean and Tea Leaves where coffee tasted so much better than Starbucks. The Free Wireless does not work there unless you are a Starhub subscriber. Half an hour later and $6.80 for a drink I do not need, I gave up.

Then I adjourn to Burger King. They have Singtel wireless according to the staff. I learn not to buy anything this time unless I can connect. Since the internet is free, I have no idea why id and password is required. Another 20 minutes wasted. My frustration has reached the nth degree by now. I decided to go back to my home office where internet always work since I pay Singnet a handsome $50 per month.

Today is a bad day for me me with regards to internet connectivity. After spending another futile hour of resetting my computer, clearing out the old profiles, etc, I found my Aztech homeplug burnt out. It is almost as if fate is playing with me.

Finally, I reinstall a old linksys card to try and hey presto! I am back with internet connection. It is almost midnight now:) Sweet, very sweet!

No comments: