Sunday, April 08, 2007

Heard of Vaastu?

Last night, I attended a talk by a Malaysian Indian, Selva. He is spreading the knowledge of Vaastu, the Indian Feng Shui. Vaastu is 5,000 years old and is therefore the older than Chinese Feng Shui which is 4,000 years old. Vaastu has many similarities to Feng Shui. It has the 9 box diagram for directions and orientation of the house. The recommendations are quite simple and general. Feng Shui has many branches including Flying Stars, Symbolic Feng Shui and many others now popularize by the numerous books available.

Mr. Selva mentioned the biggest contradiction in Vaastu with Chinese Feng Shui is fishes are not auspicious. I wake up this morning and release a lot of the marine fishes I have caught and put in my pond. It is nice to see them swim away into the open ocean. There are still some in my pond. I will take time to release them all. It will be good karma....

No comments: