Sunday, March 04, 2007

Sons

For the practise of writing, I want to write about Sons.

There are many different ways to write about this topic. I can take a disinterested and clinical approach and write about sons from a third party point of view. I can also do research and get pros and cons on the topic of sons vs daughters. Or even sons view of their parents.

Instead of any of the above, I want to write about the joys of having sons. I have 3 sons. B1, B2 and B3. Their pet call sign is B's! and B's is anyone of them. B 1, 2 or 3 is the brainwave of my wife. Baby no. 1, Baby no. 2 and Baby no. 3 of the family. B3 is the baby and will always be as we stop at three.

Sons are important to the well being of our family. The joy of watching them grow is very rewarding. It is sweet to hear "daddy" every time. Nurturing and caring for them when they are sick is Mom's top priority. Tutoring and sitting patiently with them while they do their homework is Mom's territory. Mom buy clothing, shoes, textbooks, stationery and all other material needs. As I rattle on and on with regards to Mom's responsibilities for our sons, I thought hard about my own.

What do I do? Why I love them so? I could not figure it out. I love them because they are my sons. I love them because they are under my care. I love them because have my blood. It is hard to explain logically. I am a logical person. When it come to describing emotions, I am totally incompetent. Yet, now I am trying to explain why I love my sons. My sons are well-behaved and teachers are quite happy with them. They get their homework done and does well academically. They enjoys computer games, basketball, TV, toys and reading in that order. They get along with each other (not all the time) and do not stress me too much(maybe because I am in only part-time).

I enjoy making them happy within the limits of course! I have my rules. Just like LKY running Singapore:) There are banned items - game cards and computer games(internet make this hard to control), controlled items - candies and french fries and OK items - food or books. I think this is a good system. B1 is a smart kid with high IQ. B2 has strong language skills. B3 is good in art and craft. Different strengths in each of them. It is a joy just to have them around.

Bs I love you all.

No comments: