Saturday, February 10, 2007

Today is B2's Birthday

I was sending B2 to his tuition. He is excited about his birthday party and was chattering away. I inform him his eldest aunt called him to wish happy birthday yesterday. I was asking if his party was on the actual day and the retort was swift "DADDY!" he said severely, "you don't even REMEMBER your son's birthday." Well, my mind spinning furiously " I don't even remember my own birthday, son!" He seems pacified by my reply.

Then I used a technique my wife taught me. Distraction. I told him I remember he was born in the middle of the night. I recall calling his mummy past 12 midnight after I finished dinnner in Manila. I had the first flight back and when I landed at about noon, I called home and my mother-in-law told me he was born. I was disappointed that I did not get to see him coming to this world. I was there for his elder brother. I had to go Manila because my boss was giving me pressure. When I heard his secretary telling me that he commented that I am a poor planner to have my son born while out of town, I was ticked off. It was under his instruction that I was travelling. I will remember this episode forever.

Back to B2, he is exhausted by partying. His friends throughly enjoyed the badminton games, the opening of presents, swimming and best of all home-made birthday cake baked with love.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 7 or 8 th..? B/day B2...hope U will grow up and have the best brain,best health and most importantly be a filial son to mom and dad...hehehe.
BT.

BookLover said...

B3 will be 6 in March. B3 was 12 yesterday. Thanks a bunch! I have the same hopes and wishes for all my boys.