Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Title can be misleading...

I finished reading the book Saint Germain's Prophecy for the New Millenium by Elizabeth Clare Prophet. On the cover there is a button that declare "What to Expect through 2025" includes dramatic prophecies form Nostradamus, Edgar Cayce and Mother Mary. I was intrigue and devoured this book enthusiatically. I bought this book from Borders last Saturday and finished reading it today. I read it during breakfast, during lunch and in bed before I sleep. Eat, sleep and dream about this book. Why? I like to know what will happen from now through 2025.

There are a lot of discussions about the different prophets and their claims to fame. Examples are cited on the accuracy of the predictions that has passed and the debate by some on which incident correlate with the predictions. Many reminders that prediction can be change by the will of mankind. It is interesting reading. However, I can hardly find any firm predictions from now to 2025. I have no problem if the predictions do not come true. It seems to me the author is afraid to predict just in case the prediction get change as human will changes it.

I am a little disappointed. I love forecast and prediction. I know my sales forecast is 100% plus or minus 10%. To me, this is accurate enough. For forecast of world changing event, I can accept 60% to 70%. So I feel I did not get my time's worth for reading this book.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not sure if we should trust their prediction leh. They said year 2000 is the end of the world, but no leh. All I know is that at the rate of pollution, it is just a matter of time.

BookLover said...

Yes, year 2000 was supposed to be the end of the world as we know it. Apparently, year 1000 similar predictions were done too.

I was anticipating the earth shift. And like you say it did not happen. I studied geology 101 in U of T and the earth poles have shifted several times in history.