Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Japanese Stewardess

On the way to Tokyo, we were served by a local stewardess and a Japanese Stewardess. Both stewardesses are attractive, both are polite and serve well. The Japanese stewardess speaks excellent English. I asked where she lived before and she told me in US. I complimented her excellent command of English. I felt she serves me with a little more attention and care and make eye contact before asking me if I needed anything. There is indeed an edge in terms of delivery of the service. She spend a couple more seconds and smile at my comments on the "rules". Rules that cabin crews have to enforce with the passengers e.g. my newspapers cannot be on the floor, my seat have to be upright before landing. I requested for two panadols after my nap. Napping cause headaches for me sometimes. I asked for coke to come with it. She brought a glass of ice cold coke and another glass of water. She advise me to drink more water to get rid of the headache(Sze Li, are you there?)

On disembarkation, she asked if my headache is ok. This is service. My Professor in NUS observes that cost is free. And the Customers feel good. Guess what, I agree.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

BL, did u blog this article on the flight or was it in yr hotel room?
Now u are more observant after reading my blog right?
BT.

Anonymous said...

BL, give yr readers more infor on japan like food,people,places of interest+ prices etc.
I'll advertise your blog for u again today on my main page.
BT.

BookLover said...

BT, thanks a lot! will do my best...

Anonymous said...

Bl,This afternoon when I put yr url on my blog yr recorded hit was 2256 and now at 9pm its at 2292,an increase of 36 hits.So congrats!
plse update us,yr readers a little on Japan which I told them u would do.
BT.

BookLover said...

BT, the hits were mostly referrals from your main blogs. I do not know how to blog in the air. Internet service in the air has gone OB(out-of-business).

Anonymous said...

I thgt u blogged from the plane.Oh its OB now on SQ?
Active meter has screwed up. I notice yr hits now is 2259 whereas last nite,it was 2360+ at 11pm.
My meter is also u/s (unservicable).
Thanks for the update on TYO.It is informative.
BT.

Anonymous said...

I am here. BL. Hehe, why, yes, drink more water as water flushs off all the toxic in our body.