Thursday, February 15, 2007

Amazing Fishes

The fishes are still alive today. They must have adapted to the fresh water. I went to the river mouth again today to catch more fishes. This time I brought a pail in anticipation to catch more. It low tide and the water was receding. It is much harder to catch the fishes as the rocks make it difficult. We still manages to catch a fair amount of larger size fish this time. It is an achievement to bring home the fishes.

I also notices the smaller fishes seems to vibrates in the water. They do not have any vibration in the saltwater. After being in the pond for a short while, the vibrations start. I have no idea why. We also caught eggs. At least I think they are eggs. It is round balls of jelly. It is actually invisible in the water. The eggs only show up in the net.

Another observation is the goldfishes were trying to eat the tiny fries. However, they are too slow and the fries escapes all the time. It is interesting as this is the first time I saw goldfish lurching suddenly. I guess they must be wanting to taste live seafood.

No comments: