Tuesday, January 02, 2007

A Whole New Mind

I have seen this book in Times before and was interested. I usually spend some time evaluating and consider any book seriously before buying it. This book was recommended by another book Why We Want You to be Rich by Robert Kiyosaki and Donald Trump. By then the Times bookshop in Plaza Singapura has closed and is moving to a smaller shop lot right besides where it previously occupied. So I looked for it in Kinokuniya. This book is situated in the shelf where all the IT books are placed. Interesting!

I have been bringing this book around everywhere I go. I feel like I was in my student days again. Reading wherever and whenever I have time. This book postulate about the future and what to do about it. I have not read The Lexus and the Olive Tree by Tom Friedman or Globalisation and Its Discontent by Joseph Stiglitz.

The author set the stage well. Left thinking has serve us well in the last century. From development of education to Abundance, Asia and Automation. We have all the material things from factories from Asia at the low price and even services are outsource to India from programming to reading x-rays.

After convincing the reader, he map out a set of recommendations. It is full of gems and ancedotes. He guides the readers on what to do and where to go. Besides recommending books(usually by most other books), there are websites to go to. It is a treasure house of tools and tests you can take to assess yourself.

Are you ready for the Brave New World? This book will help you be as prepared as can be.

No comments: