Thursday, January 25, 2007

Nice Korean

Newton's Third Law: For every action, there must be an equal and opposite reaction. After meeting the nasty white trash, I have a nice ride back home with a Korean gentleman. He was sitting beside me and we get into a lively conversation. He was in KL for a week and bought a condo in Damansara. He says it is a nice place up on a hill and there is a mountain behind the house. There are many resturants within walking distance. So it sounds interesting...

He had a 4 hours wait to transit to LA. So when the Singapore Girl pass out the immigrant card, he says he will take one and then decide when he want to go out for lunch. He asked me if I know any good Korean resturant. I told him one of my country manager in a previously loved this Korean resturant that every trip to Singapore he must eat there. Since my wife is picking me up, I thought we can go and try out this place in Phoenix hotel. We drove there immediately. The floor we entered was vacated. Ha! I thought rent renewal time. We look at the directory and found the resturant was located at fifth floor. It was vacated too. On other empty lot there were sign stating the business new address. However there were none for the Korean resturant. I ask the Customer Service in John Little. She says the resturant could not find another place to rent. Sigh! we were out of luck.

Mr. Kim called Hyundai Contruction and Engineering because he heard from the Managing Director who was stationed here in Singapore that one of the manager has left Hyundai and had set up a Korean resturant and the standard was not bad. The long and short of it is he manage to find the name and address of the resturant. It was not far right at the old Apollo Hotel. The food is quite nice and he know what to order. We had a great time. He paid for the meal too.

The interesting thing is I was originally booked for the 2pm flight and change it back to 10am yesterday. He was booked for the same flight in the afternoon and decided that 45 mins was too close for transit to a US flight and decide to go at 10am as well. Coincident or Karma link?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummmmmy korean food leh!
BT.

Anonymous said...

Best of all its free too...hehehe
BT

BookLover said...

I agree. It was yummy and totally enjoyable.