Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Greek Culture at Chijmes

My first meal at the Chijmes. I remember CHIJ girls in their pinafore holding hands with ang mos and boys from St. Joseph Institution. This school also has the notorious reputation of highest unwanted pregnancies. I guess it should not be an issue anymore with sex education.

I saw Hog's Breath nearby. I do not pay attention to the resturant's name as usual. It is Greek food. The garlic bread and salads was heavenly. We have grilled meats and fish after. The meat is good but not the best I have eaten. I like Greek food. It is quite delicious and healthy. The dessert was tiramisu. Although, I was stuffed and could hardly finished my main course, I love the tiramisu. It is one of the best I tasted. The meal is a little expensive. It comes up to $890 for nine.

We had good conversations. First meeting with my new boss. Lots of talk about family in different culture. We have two Indians from India, a Shanghainess, a Taiwanese and three Australians, my boss and two marketing managers. So there was lot of learning about each other. Our group has all married men and the two girls are single with one getting married in September this year.

We adjourn to Long Bar after. Everyone has a Singapore Sling. The music was good a tat too loud. It was a long day we end at a 11pm and I send some of my team members back to the hotel before going home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is $890 when its on company's account...hehehe.
BT.

BookLover said...

Ya! but still it is very expensive even though we do not need to pay for the meal ourselves.

Anonymous said...

I can't update my blog using multiply using my bro's computer, so i just post on blogger.