Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Phew! Back Home again

Man! It is home sweet home! While Taipei and Taiwan is nice, it is good to be back home. This reminds me...do you know the author Lobsang Rampa? His book is not commonly available nowadays. Lobsang Rampa is a Tibet monk who transmigrate his soul to Cecil Raskins in England. In his book, he describes the whole process of transmigration.

Why did I think of Lobsang Rampa? Well, when I was living in Canada, I have the same warm feeling to come back home as well. Wherever I lived, after a few days out on a trip it is always nice to come back to familiar and secure home base. Therefore it is not just in Singapore, I have these feelings.

According to Losang Rampa, "Gods" made man who does not require sleep at all. He call the Gods, Gardeners of the Earth. Gardeners of the Earth find that man did not progress spiritually as they do not need to sleep and can wander from place to place. So they wipe out the whole race and made man that requires sleep every night. Once man requires sleep, he/she will require a home base, a place to come back every day. It will be difficult to wander from place to place as you will need a secure environment to sleep. This brought stability to the human race.

You can find more about Lobsang Rampa on the net. His first book The Third Eye is still available. Others may be out-of-print. I was introduced to this author in Secondary Two by my form teacher, Alfred Tan.

No comments: