Sunday, December 10, 2006

The land of Night markets

I did not know Taipei has so many night markets until this trip. I have come to Taiwan 5 or 6 times before and I have not known about the nightlife. Usually, I stay in the hotel and read or do emails. This is a real eye opener. The night market is vibrant. Vibrant would be an understatement. It is a sea of humanity. Scary to think of it. There are lot of gas tank as the hawker stalls are dishing out freshly cooked food. I shudders to think what will happen if an accident or emergency happens. It is amazing so many people, so many stalls and food...a most congested bazaar I have ever been to.

We go up one of the mountain resort. It was interesting to see the waterfalls from such great height. The side of the mountain is rocky. Now I understand the reputation Taiwan has for food. It is a food heaven just like home.

3 comments:

Boh Tong aka Luke Tan said...

The roadside stalls food are damn shiok man. I missed all these goodies since I've stopped flying.

BookLover said...

I know what you mean. I will miss all the different flavours of different countries once I stop travelling.

Anonymous said...

I aspire to be like u all. To go travelling around the world. I hope to go with my cousin or maybe my friends.