Saturday, December 23, 2006

The Joy of Technology

I am totally addicted to my internet. Last week was harrowing. My internet connection was unstable. It was frustrating trying to get work done with intermittent and unpredictable breakdown. I tried to figure out what was wrong. My sons were the first to bear the brunt of my frustrations. I accused them of slowing down the system and using up the bandwidth.

Last night, my system broke down permanently. It is a headache. My head felt like a stone. This morning was cold turkey. I was having huge discomfort without my internet. After a trip to Sim Lim and back to setup a new system, internet is back up. What a huge relief! Headache sufferers will know what I mean. If you are nursing a severe headache, take a couple of extra-strength Tyernol and half an hour later the feeling is grateful feeling the pain is gone and you really really appreciate your head and your health. Like they say, you do not appreciate why you have until you lose it. This is how I feel now that my internet is back.

What a feeeelingggg!

No comments: