Monday, December 18, 2006

Carpe Diem

Seize the day! It is a phrase in Latin. Used frequently by trainers and motivational speakers.

I went to Carrefour to look for Santa Clause. A movie that was highly recommended by my colleague, Fred Cuvelier in Canada. He was a Sales Director. Carrefour Orchard ran out. I was disappointed and check out TS and Blue Max, not available! I lucked out in Carrefour Plaza Singapura. Price tag $19.90. I turn over and it says two for $30. Not wanting to miss a good deal. I decided to pick another Dvd from the shelf. I pick "Dead Poets Society" by Robbin Williams. It is about "Professor Keating who arrives at a strict boys academy and his unconventional methods breathe new life into the curriculum steeped in tradition."

I enjoyed old movies on school's lives. Good bye, Mr. Chips and To Sir with Love were my favourites. I love to see lives transformed by a teacher.

Professor Keating did transformed lives. It is a touching story...how a teacher can teach more than poetry. Carpe diem! Seize the day. Take the opportunity. Make it happen. We all have dreams. We must carpe diem to live.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Booklover,I know that feeling of being 'to sir with love' because I had tranformed the lives of many young stewardesses who are now mothers and wives. They will never forget what I have taught them in the training school.

BookLover said...

You are a lucky man! I can count only maybe 10 who have developed and progress significantly in earning power under my coaching.