Sunday, November 26, 2006

Aeromodelling - micro planes

I bought a radio-control plane in the toy fair at Takashimaya basement 2. This plane is $40. It is a micro-light. Wish I can take a picture like Mr. Brown or Sze Li instead of relying on the 1,000 words I have to say now. The airplane has 2 pusher propellers and is virtually indestructible. Hence a great toy for the young and young at heart like me. It flys well and has digital proportional for power and can turn left and right by differential thrusts from the two propellers. B2 and B3 (2nd boy and 3rd boy of the family) had a wonderful time flying the airplane. Daddy had fun too. The battery is charge in minutes and can last a long time. I am very amaze by the design and technology. Best of all is the price. I drabbled into model planes and they are time consuming and expensive. It is easy to crash and very crash cost dollars running in hundreds. Now planes are cheaper. The time and skills required to fix the planes are enormous. Of course, it is a very rewarding hobby especially after you master the basics and start on aerobatics. I am still at the beginner stage and has not gone beyond beginner.

I am waiting to buy the micro-helicopter that is controlled by infrared signal. The kid who demo the plane and helicopter has such a good control of the aircraft. I am happy to bring my childhood dreams into reality today and best of all, at a very reasonable cost. Price of helicopter - $40 as well.

No comments: