Sunday, June 25, 2006

School Holidays are over

Summer school holidays are over. 4 weeks seems to go fast. On reflection, we have done lots too. B1 did his NUS High Camp, we go to Darwin for holidays, watch movies as a family(in the theatres), out for meals in resturants, even a couple of not-so-good days in KK Hospital. I must say it is good to get back to the routine life. Expenses are high too during school holiday.

I guess the boys are ready for school except for B3. B3 told me he will cry just like he is going to a new school. It is interesting... he says he also cries when there is a new teacher. If I extrapolate this behaviour into adulthood, change must equal stress. As a kid, he can cry to let out his feelings. For adults, it is not acceptable to cry. We know humans are reluctant to change. It bring us into the feared unknown. It is something that starts from young. My son is just one data point. Still it is a good indicator.

Now it is back to the same old, same old. This is kind of relaxing...

3 comments:

Li said...

At least students have holiday. Working adults don't have any school holiday. I miss my school days.

BookLover said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
BookLover said...

Very true! Life is like a book...you close one chapter and open a new chapter right away.