Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Giant Buddha

I went out shopping with my wife today and she need to pick up some items from Race Course Road. While waiting for her, I was killing time by walking around the building. I noticed a group of people standing at the entrance of a temple. I was wondering if there is something happening and decided to take a closer look. As I get closer, I realised from the language spoken, they are tourist from mainland China. Looking inside, I saw this huge statue of Buddha in white. It is the largest Buddha I have seen in Singapore. Sitting inside the temple were two "ang mo" women. There is such an interesting temple and as a Singaporean, this is the first time I come to this temple. Obviously, the tourists know more about this temple than my wife or I.

This temple is right on Race Course Road. For fellow Singaporeans and tourists alike take MRT to Farrer Park MRT station. It is about 300 metres MRT station.

No comments: