Sunday, May 28, 2006

Another Road Warrior

Sitting beside me on the way back from LA to Singapore was Min Liang. Min Liang was very interesting. He is a young lawyer who is now a venture capitalist. He made his fortune during the dot fever. He studied in the top school in Singapore. He now makes money through computer games and computer peripheral. "Computer games is now a much bigger market than movies today" he says. He continues to share with me the successes of others he know on the high tech arena. I had a different view. There are a lot more failures. Just like smokers who love to share the people they know around them who live to a ripe old age of 80 while smoking like a chimney. I used to sell equipment for Lung Function test. Going to the hospital department that used my equipment, I can see all the people with lung problems.

However, on reflection, I realise he is right. I need a paradigm shift. The world has changed. I am rooted on the world I grew up on, too negative and focused on the failures rather than success of the new model. I should open my mind to the new opportunities. The old way may not sustain for too long. It is time for renewal.

No comments: